Definition of Term of office
1. Noun. The term during which some position is held.
Generic synonyms: Term
Specialized synonyms: Administration, Presidency, Presidential Term, Vice-presidency, Vice-presidential Term, Episcopate
Derivative terms: Incumbent, Tenure
Term Of Office Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Term Of Office Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Term Of Office
Literary usage of Term of office
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Indiana State Board of Health (1897)
"JH Forrest, MD, Marion; term of office expires February 28, 1899. ... Charles N. Metcalf, MD, Indianapolis; term of office expired February 28, 1895. ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1919)
"... that the recorder of the city of Athens shall not be elected to any other municipal office during the time fixed as the term of office of the recorder. ..."
3. The Federal and State Constitutions: Colonial Charters, and Other Organic by Francis N. Thorpe, United States (1909)
"For each circuit (the thirteenth excepted) there shall be one judge, who shall be styled circuit judge, who, during his term of office, shall reside in ..."
4. Commentaries on the Laws of England by William Blackstone, William Carey Jones (1915)
"Sheriff's term of office.—Sheriffs, by virtue of several old statutes, are to continue in their office no longer than one year; and yet it hath been said1 ..."
5. The Code of Virginia: With the Declaration of Independence and Constitution by Virginia, John Mercer Patton, Conway Robinson (1849)
"... duty of clerk of house of delegates, in such case. 27. How fines against clerks are recovered. Number of clerks; how appointed; term of office; ..."
6. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1872)
"The inspectors of common schools shall be hereafter appointed by tho mayor for the same term of office now provided to such inspectors. ..."