2. Adverb. With regard to toxins ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Toxically
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Toxically Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Toxically
Literary usage of Toxically
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Epitome of therapeutics, being a comprehensive summary of the treatment by William Domett Stone (1874)
"tive, followed by chenopodium or wormseed, santonin, or spigelia (pink-root); all act toxically. With a view to preventing the ..."
2. Popular Science Monthly (1902)
"The fact that ions may act toxically through their electrical charges, and that ions with the opposite charge may act ..."
3. Methods of Practical Hygiene by Karl Bernhard Lehmann (1893)
"K. Demme isolated from milk insufficiently boiled, which had acted pathogenically or toxically upon infants, a species of saccharomyces (S. ..."
4. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1922)
"Very efficient disinfectants are frequently of such a poisonous character that thi-y cannot be used in connection with foods and beverages. The toxically ..."
5. Traditional Ojibwa Religion and Its Historical Changes by Christopher Vecsey (1983)
"... on Grassy Narrows, it was discovered (Erikson and Vecsey 1980) that the destructive force of the mercury — which toxically tainted Wabigoon fish, ..."
6. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science; Containing a Concise by Robley Dunglison (1874)
"Tho general cachectic condition induced by bromine, when affecting the system toxically. Bro'minm, Bromine. ..."
7. A Treatise on the Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use by Austin Flint (1873)
"All these remedies act toxically, that is, by poisoning the worms. After two or three days, a brisk purgative should be given. If with this treatment no ..."