Definition of Transmission system
1. Noun. The gears that transmit power from an automobile engine via the driveshaft to the live axle.
Specialized synonyms: Automatic Drive, Automatic Transmission, 4wd, Four-wheel Drive, Hydraulic Transmission, Hydraulic Transmission System, Standard Transmission, Stick Shift
Terms within: Clutch, Fluid Drive, Gear Box, Gear Case, Gearbox
Group relationships: Drive Line, Drive Line System
Generic synonyms: Gear, Gear Mechanism
Transmission System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Transmission System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Transmission System
Literary usage of Transmission system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Industrial Arts Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1914)
"AE Kennelly. plan Elec W 61:450-1 Mr 1 '13 Application of synchronous motors to a water power transmission system. LB Andrus. Am Inst E И Pro 32:721-55 Mr ..."
2. Energy Policies of IEA Countries: 2005 Review by International Energy Agency (2005)
"transmission system RELIABILIT Substantial electricity supply disruptions ... On 23 September 2003, the Nordic transmission system experienced its worst ..."
3. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1912)
"24785 F. transmission system of the Great Western Power Company. JP Jolly- man. ... 25701 F. New High-Tension transmission system in Connecticut Valley. ..."
4. Electrical Engineering: The Theory and Characteristics of Electrical by Clarence Victor Christie (1917)
"Application of a Synchronous Phase Modifier to a transmission system. — In the transmission system worked out in the last article, the regulation is poor ..."
5. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1911)
"By AIEE transmission system OF THE GREAT FALLS POWER COMPANY BY M. HEBGEN The Great Falls Power Company is at present operating a total of 282 miles of ..."
6. Energy Efficiency: Challenges and Trends for Electric Utilities (1994)
"Most customers receive their electricity from a distribution system.64 Distribution systems operate at lower voltages than the transmission system, ..."
7. Principles of Depreciation by Earl Adolphus Saliers (1916)
"Thus the cost of the equipment is 14%, and of the transmission system 13%, of the total cost of the plant. Tables 2 and 3 indicate what percentage the cost ..."