Definition of Allen Tate
1. Noun. United States poet and critic (1899-1979).
Allen Tate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Allen Tate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Allen Tate
Literary usage of Allen Tate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"1969 At the end of the lecture Miss Stein rose; we all got up; and amid the babble of goodnights the ladies came forward from their compound —Allen Tate, ..."
2. Journal of the ... National Encampment by Grand Army of the Republic (1892)
"... of Wm. Allen Tate, Co. C, 61st Ills. Infty. Has not been heard of since 1870. XVII. The following rejections are reported by the Department of Michigan: ..."
3. A History of Northeast Missouri by Walter Williams (1913)
"Phillip Purvis, Joseph Johnson, Michael Spillman. Sylvester Allen. Allen Tate. Samuel Wilfley and others, who were among the first settlers of the county. ..."
4. American Character by Brander Matthews (1906)
"John Crowe Ransom is the son of a Methodist itinerant preacher, Donald Davidson the son of a country school-teacher, Allen Tate the descendant of a ..."
5. History of Augusta County, Virginia by John Lewis Peyton (1882)
"184 Superior courts of law established.... 216 Taylor, Judge Allen Tate family T- Teachers, the first Augusta. Teter, Captain. ..."