Definition of Auriparus
1. Noun. A genus of Paridae.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Family Paridae, Paridae
Member holonyms: Auriparus Flaviceps, Verdin
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Auriparus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Auriparus
Literary usage of Auriparus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"Desert regions of southwestern United States and Mexico. a. Auriparus flaviceps flaviceps (SUNDEVALL). Verdin. [746. ..."
2. The Code of Nomenclature and Check-list of North American Birds Adopted by by American Ornithologists' Union (1886)
"Auriparus flaviceps BAIRD, Rev. Am. BI July, 1864, 85. [B 300, C 37, R 50, C 56.] HAB. Southern border of the United States, from the Valley of the Rio ..."
3. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1876)
"Consequently if there be no other name available, and assuming, of course, the validity of this form, the Auriparus flaviceps ornatus of Bryant will require ..."
4. The Coues Check List of North American Birds by Elliott Coues (1882)
"Lat. flavus, yellow ¡frons, forehead. See Auriparus, No. 56. OBS. — It would appear from BCV, i, 1878, p. 404, that the proper name of this species is V. ..."
5. The Cambridge Natural History by Sidney Frederick Harmer, Arthur Everett Shipley (1899)
"Auriparus deposits in a similar or bulkier nest pale bluish or greenish eggs with red-brown specks, while those of ..."