Definition of Auriparus flaviceps
1. Noun. Very small yellow-headed titmouse of western North America.
Generic synonyms: Tit, Titmouse
Group relationships: Auriparus, Genus Auriparus
Auriparus Flaviceps Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Auriparus Flaviceps Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Auriparus Flaviceps
Literary usage of Auriparus flaviceps
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"Desert regions of southwestern United States and Mexico. a. Auriparus flaviceps flaviceps (SUNDEVALL). Verdin. [746. ..."
2. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1876)
"Consequently if there be no other name available, and assuming, of course, the validity of this form, the Auriparus flaviceps ornatus of Bryant will require ..."
3. The Code of Nomenclature and Check-list of North American Birds Adopted by by American Ornithologists' Union (1886)
"Auriparus flaviceps BAIRD, Rev. Am. BI July, 1864, 85. [B 300, C 37, R 50, C 56.] HAB. Southern border of the United States, from the Valley of the Rio ..."
4. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"(mts. between Pecos R. and Rio Grande) s. into Chihuahua and Sonora, Mex. 746. Auriparus flaviceps flaviceps. Verdin. Low. Son. deserts from s. Calif., s. ..."
5. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections by Smithsonian Institution (1874)
"The eggs are spotted, as in the Black-headed Titmice, not white, as in Psaltriparus minimus. Auriparus flaviceps. ... Auriparus flaviceps ..."