Definition of Book of Nahum
1. Noun. An Old Testament book telling Nahum's prophecy of the fall of Nineveh.
Book Of Nahum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Book Of Nahum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Book Of Nahum
Literary usage of Book of Nahum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of Biblical Literature by Society of Biblical Literature (1906)
"JOURNAL OF BIBLICAL LITERATURE Volume XXVI Part I The Book of Nahum * PAUL HAUPT, LL.D. JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY IN my address on Purim, which I delivered ..."
2. The Book of the Twelve Prophets Commonly Called the Minor by George Adam Smith (1898)
"CHAPTER VI THE Book of Nahum THE Book of Nahum consists of a double title and three odes. The title runs Oracle of Niniveh: Book of the Vision of Nahum the ..."
3. A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on Micah, Zephaniah, Nahum, Habakkuk by John Merlin Powis Smith, William Hayes Ward, Julius August Bewer (1911)
"INTRODUCTION TO THE Book of Nahum. § i. THE Book of Nahum. Its Contents. The first section of the book of Nahum as it now stands sets forth the avenging ..."
4. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"We will deal only with what may be gathered from the canonical Book of Nahum, the only available first-hand document at our disposal. From its title (i, 1), ..."
5. The History of the Hebrew Nation and Its Literature: With an Appendix on the by Samuel Sharpe (1882)
"The Book of Nahum also is of this time, and its noble heart-stirring eloquence, not even falling below that of Joel, well declares the excitement of the ..."
6. Historic Notes on the Books of the Old and New Testaments by Samuel Sharpe (1858)
"ON THE Book of Nahum. Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace, O Judah! For the wicked shall no more ..."