Definition of Bureau of Justice Statistics
1. Noun. The agency in the Department of Justice that is the primary source of criminal justice statistics for federal and local policy makers.
Group relationships: Department Of Justice, Doj, Justice, Justice Department
Generic synonyms: Agency, Authority, Bureau, Federal Agency, Government Agency, Office
Bureau Of Justice Statistics Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bureau Of Justice Statistics Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bureau Of Justice Statistics
Literary usage of Bureau of Justice Statistics
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sentencing in the Federal Courts: Does Race Matter?: The Transition to by Douglas Corry McDonald, Kenneth E Carlson (1994)
"It was initiated by Steven D. Dillingham, who was Director of the Bureau of Justice Statistics at the time ..."
2. Directory of Criminal Justice Information Sources by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"The Bureau of Justice Statistics Clearinghouse provides answers to statistical questions related to criminal justice issues. It is also responsible for ..."
3. Juvenile Offenders & Victims: A National Report by Howard N. Snyder (1995)
"Bureau of Justice Statistics. (1989). Correctional populations in the United States, 1987. Washington, DC: BJS. Cantwell, M. (1983). Capital punishment 1982 ..."
4. Comparing Federal and State Prison Inmates, 1991by Caroline Wolf Harlow by Caroline Wolf Harlow (1994)
"Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Statistics Bureau of Justice Statistics Comparing Federal and State Prison ..."
5. Comparison of Urinalysis Technologies for Drug Testing in Criminal Justice by Christy Visher (1991)
"Washington, DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics. Carver, John A. (1986). "Drugs and Crime: Controlling Use and Reducing Risk Through Testing. ..."
6. Law Enforcement Management & Administrative Statistics, 1993: Data for by Brian A. Reaves (1995)
"Sincerely, LAWRENCE A. GREENFELD Acting Director Bureau of Justice Statistics Enclosures OMB No. 1121-0128: Approval Expires 06/30/96 PLEASE CORRECT ANY ..."
7. Drug Use Among Racial/Ethnic Minorities edited by Andrea Kopstein (1998)
"A person who uses drugs several times a day is at higher risk of involvement in crime than is an irregular drug user (Bureau of Justice Statistics 1996). ..."
8. Hate Crime Statistics: A Resource Book (1993)
"Washington, DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1981. Training Guide for Hate Crime Data Collection. Washington, DC: Federal Bureau of Investigation, 1991. ..."