Definition of Canton ginger
1. Noun. Tropical Asian plant widely cultivated for its pungent root; source of gingerroot and powdered ginger.
Terms within: Ginger, Gingerroot
Generic synonyms: Ginger
Canton Ginger Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Canton Ginger Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Canton Ginger
Literary usage of Canton ginger
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Home Dissertations: An Offering to the Household for Economical and by E. Stevens Tilton (1885)
"Canton ginger in Syrup, pots, J^-pots, and J ^ pots, Canton ginger, Crystalized, in bulk, ^2-lb. and i-lb. tins, Canton ginger, Wedgewood Vases, . ..."
2. Rigby's Reliable Candy Teacher: With Complete and Modern Soda, Ice Cream and by Will O. Rigby, Fred Rigby (1920)
"1 Cut the desired amount of Canton ginger in small strips, then crystalize them in a syrup cooked to about 32° on the syrup gauge. Proceed as per directions ..."
3. What to Have for Dinner: Containing Menus with the Recipes Necessary for by Fannie Merritt Farmer (1905)
"... cup Canton ginger, cut i cup sugar in pieces Whip from 2% cups cream Mix wine, brandy, ginger syrup, and Canton ginger; cover, and let stand two hours. ..."
4. Better Meals for Less Money by Mrs Marietta McPherson Greenough (1917)
"Canton ginger SHERBET l/2 cup Canton ginger Juice of 1 orange 1 cup sugar Juice of l/% lemon 3V2 cups boiling water White of 1 egg Put ginger through the ..."
5. A New Book of Cookery by Fannie Merritt Farmer (1915)
"Chill and turn on a glass serving dish Ginger Custard Canton ginger J^ cup ... 2 tablespoons rum Cut Canton ginger in thin strips and use for garnishing ..."
6. The Palisades Cook Book by Tenafly (N.J.) Presbyterian Church, Ladies' Aid Society (1910)
"MEB Canton ginger SHERBET. 4 cups water, y2 cup orange juice, i cup sugar, ... J4 Cup Canton ginger, Cut ginger in small pieces; add water and sugar; ..."
7. The Boston Cooking-school Cook Book by Fannie Merritt Farmer (1911)
"Canton Sherbet 4 cups water % Ib. Canton ginger 1 cup sugar % cup orange juice ^3 cup lemon juice Cut ginger in small pieces, add water and sugar, ..."