Definition of Collinsia verna
1. Noun. Eastern United States plant with whorls of blue-and-white flowers.
Generic synonyms: Wild Flower, Wildflower
Group relationships: Collinsia, Genus Collinsia
Collinsia Verna Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Collinsia Verna Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Collinsia Verna
Literary usage of Collinsia verna
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"Type species : Collinsia verna Nutt. Corolla s"-8" long, the throat shorter ... Collinsia verna Nutt. Blue-eyed Mary. Innocence. Fig. 3771. 1. C. verna. 2. ..."
2. The British Flower Garden: Containing Coloured Figures and Descriptions of ...by Robert Sweet by Robert Sweet (1838)
"Collinsia verna. Nuttall loc. cit. p. \QO.pl. 9. Gen. amer. v, 2. p. 46. " Root fibrous, annual. Stem often simple, or branched towards the base, terete, ..."
3. A Practical Course in Botany: With Especial Reference to Its Bearings on by Eliza Frances Andrews (1911)
"Herbs, with mostly opposite leaves, and Collinsia verna, Blue-eyed small greenish-purple flowers in a loose terminal cluster. Corolla inflated, more or less ..."
4. List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta Growing Without Cultivation in by Botanical Club (1894)
"Collinsia verna Nutt. Journ. Acad. Phila. 1 : 190 (1817). 3343. Collinsia violacea Nutt. Trans. Am. Phil. Soc. (ll.) 5: 179 (1833-37). 7. ..."