Definition of Collinsia heterophylla
1. Noun. White and lavender to pale-blue flowers grow in perfect rings of widely spaced bands around the stems forming a kind of pagoda; California.
Generic synonyms: Wild Flower, Wildflower
Group relationships: Collinsia, Genus Collinsia
Collinsia Heterophylla Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Collinsia Heterophylla Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Collinsia Heterophylla
Literary usage of Collinsia heterophylla
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal, Exhibiting a View of the Progressive by Robert Jameson, Sir William Jardine, Henry D Rogers (1839)
"... Messrs James Dickson and Sons, Edinburgh, from Swan River, and flowered for the first time in their nursery garden in May 1838. Collinsia heterophylla. ..."
2. The Magazine of Horticulture, Botany, and All Useful Discoveries and by C M Hovey (1840)
"One foot to Various leaved Collinsia, (Collinsia heterophylla.) Flowering in June and August. Both of these species are very fine annuals. ..."
3. The Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal (1839)
"... Messrs James Dickson and Sons, Edinburgh, from Swan Hiver, and flowered for the first time in their nursery garden in May. 1838. Collinsia heterophylla. ..."
4. The Floral Cabinet and Magazine of Exotic Botany by George Beauchamp Knowles, Frederic Westcott (1838)
"Collinsia heterophylla. Hook. Various-leaved Collinsia. Bot. Mag. t. 3695. This species of Collinsia is very near to C. bicolor, from which it is stated to ..."
5. The American Flower Garden Directory: Containing Practical Directions for by Robert Buist (1839)
"Collinsia bicolor, two-coloured Collinsia. heterophylla, lilac and white. Commelina coelestis, blue flowering Commelina. Dianthus chinensis, china pink, ..."
6. Paxton's Magazine of Botany, and Register of Flowering Plants by Sir Joseph Paxton (1839)
"... treatment and propagation of, 73 Coelogyne ocellata, 60, 92 — Wallichiana, general culture of, 25 Collinsia heterophylla, 18 Cold, its nature explained, ..."