Definition of Columbia University
1. Noun. A university in New York City.
Generic synonyms: University
Group relationships: Ivy League
Group relationships: Greater New York, New York, New York City
Columbia University Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Columbia University Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Columbia University
Literary usage of Columbia University
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1917)
"UNIVERSITY or ILLINOIS CYRIL G. HOPKINS QUOTATIONS Columbia University AND PROFESSOR CATTELL IT is contrary to the academic traditions of six hundred years ..."
2. The Journal of Geology by University of Chicago Department of Geology and Paleontology (1906)
"Collection Columbia University Museum, No. 20006. 36. Internal mold of dorsal valve; seven times natural size. Paratype. Collection Columbia University ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1916)
"Tea will be served by the Columbia University Ladies Committee in the ... The Faculty Club of Columbia University will be open to men as a social center at ..."
4. Biological Bulletin by Marine Biological Laboratory (Woods Hole, Mass.) (1915)
"Graduate Student, Columbia University. FIELD. HAZEL E., Graduate Student. University of Chicago. ... CHARLES, Instructor in Zoology, Columbia University. ..."
5. The American Political Science Review (1920)
"Columbia University. Martin, CE, Policy of the United States Regarding ... Columbia University. Reed, EL, Relations between the United States and Portugal. ..."
6. Proceedings of the Annual Conference by Indiana Science Teachers' Association, American Society of University Composers (1899)
"SETH Low, Columbia university. Response Prof. EDWARD L. NICHOLS, Cornell university, retiring president of the association. Introduction by Prof. ..."
7. The Journal of English and Germanic Philology by Ill.) University of Illinois (Urbana (1918)
"By Members of the Department of English and Comparative Literature in Columbia University. Edited by Brander Matthews and Ashley Horace Thorndike. New York. ..."