Definition of Culex fatigans
1. Noun. Widespread tropical mosquito that transmits filarial worms.
Generic synonyms: Mosquito
Group relationships: Culex, Genus Culex
Lexicographical Neighbors of Culex Fatigans
Literary usage of Culex fatigans
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Philippine Journal of Science by Philippines Bureau of Science (1907)
"In looking over the geographical distribution of dengue and various species of mosquitoes, we found but one species (Culex fatigans Wied.,) of this insect ..."
2. Mosquito Eradication by Walter Ernest Hardenburg (1922)
"Adult female Culex fatigans. SOME COMMON TROUBLESOME MOSQUITOES In the next few pages, several of the more common annoying mosquitoes prevalent in the ..."
3. Journal of the New York Entomological Society by New York Entomological Society (1906)
"The species observed is Culex fatigans, although the author fails to specify this. ... In Para the males of both Culex fatigans and Stegomyia fasciata daily ..."
4. Preventive medicine and hygiene by Milton Joseph Rosenau (1917)
"They transmitted the infection by the mosquito, Culex fatigans, and concluded that this is probably the most common method of transmission. ..."