Definition of Culex pipiens
1. Noun. Common house mosquito.
Culex Pipiens Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Culex Pipiens Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Culex Pipiens
Literary usage of Culex pipiens
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions by Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings (Great Britain) (1905)
"The Culex pipiens, for instance, joins them together in little boats or batches: the Anopheles lay them singly on the water; ..."
2. Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington by Entomological Society of Washington (1902)
"Culex pipiens Linné. Culex gelidus Theobald, described from the Malay Peninsula. ... BUITENZORG : Anopheles rossii Giles. Culex pipiens Linné. ..."
3. The Bahama Islands by George Burbank Shattuck, Geographical Society of Baltimore (1905)
"... at some distance from any dwelling, and adults from the thickets some distance inland. The species were: Stegomyia fasciata (Fabr.). Culex pipiens ..."
4. Diseases of the skin: Their Description, Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment by Henry Radcliffe Crocker (1888)
"... one in five hundred, or Goulard water sponged on freely, or the lotions recommended for urticaria, give most relief. Culex pipiens and other Gnats and ..."