Definition of Culver's root
1. Noun. A tall perennial herb having spikes of small white or purple flowers; common in eastern North America.
Generic synonyms: Asterid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Scrophulariaceae, Figwort Family, Foxglove Family, Scrophulariaceae
Medical Definition of Culver's root
Culver's Root Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Culver's Root Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Culver's Root
Literary usage of Culver's root
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of the Medical Botany of North America by Laurence Johnson (1884)
"Culver-s- Root, Culver-s-Physic. Description.—Tube of the corolla longer than its limb, and much longer than the calyx. Both calyx and corolla sometimes ..."
2. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States: Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1898)
"Two species, I native of eastern North America, the other of northeastern Asia. 1. Leptandra Virginica (L. ) Nutt. Culver' s-root. (Fig. 3299. ..."
3. An Epitome of the newer materia medica, standard medicinal products, and by Parke, Davis & Company (1886)
"... 60 Culver,s root 54 pepo 58 Cup syringe, indispensable.. 27, 89 Curare 44 Cusso 16 Curcuma longa 60 ..."
4. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlasby Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"... 126 Cucurbita maxima, 127 moschata, 127 pepo, 127 Cucurbitaceae, 126-128 Cudweed, 397 Clammy, 397 Fragrant, 397 Low, 397 Purple, 397 Culver" s-root, ..."