Definition of Durazzo
1. Noun. Port city in western Albania on the Adriatic.
Generic synonyms: City, Metropolis, Urban Center, Port
Group relationships: Albania, Republic Of Albania
Lexicographical Neighbors of Durazzo
Literary usage of Durazzo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon (1902)
"In the Roman host, the loss f Greeks, Turks, and English amounted to five or six thousand :w if plain of Durazzo was stained with noble and royal blood ..."
2. The Spirit of the East by David Urquhart (1839)
"LEARNING that an old friend of mine was Governor of Durazzo, I resolved to hasten on to that place the same evening. The distance was three hours; so, ..."
3. The American Library Annual: Including Index to Dates of Current Events (1915)
"Mr 4 Prince William arrives at Durazzo, the capital, and is welcomed by ... Durazzo. My 19 Essad Pasha banished. My 20 Prince William of Wied boards warship ..."
4. The Ecclesiastical History of England and Normandy by Ordericus Vitalis, Léopold Delisle, Guizot (François) (1854)
"Then Duke Robert, encouraged by so signal a triumph, departed from Durazzo, and, after a long march, wintered his ... Durazzo surrendered on February 18. ..."