Definition of Edward Lee Thorndike
1. Noun. United States educational psychologist (1874-1949).
Lexicographical Neighbors of Edward Lee Thorndike
Literary usage of Edward Lee Thorndike
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Who's who Among North American Authors (1921)
"ORIGINAL NATURE OF MAN; (1913)—Edward Lee Thorndike. OUTLINES OF PSYCHIATRY; (Nerv, aiid Ment. Dis. Pub. ... PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING; Edward Lee Thorndike. ..."
2. Catalogue by Wesleyan University (Middletown, Conn.), American Ring Company (Waterbury, Conn.), Bassett McNab & Co. (Philadelphia, Pa.) (1884)
"Arthur Eugene Sutherland, MA, Rochester, NY The Olin Prize, to Edward Lee Thorndike. Committee of Award:—Professor George Rice Carpenter, BA, ..."
3. City School Expenditures: The Variability and Interrelation of the Principal by George Drayton Strayer (1905)
"The Mental Life of the Monkeys Edward Lee Thorndike, Ph.D. 75 cents, net. The Correlation of Mental and Physical Tests. CLARK WISSLER, Ph.D. 75 cents, net. ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1898)
"... Measurement aud Reduction of the Rutherford Photographs. Edward Lee Thorndike : Psychology, Animal Intelligence. ..."
5. The Free-will Problem in Modern Thoughtby William Hallock Johnson by William Hallock Johnson (1903)
"By Edward Lee Thorndike, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University. 8vo, paper, pp. 181. Price, f i.oo net. ..."
6. Yearbook and List of Active Members of the National Education Association by National Education Association of the United States (1903)
"Edward Lee Thorndike, AB, "95, Wes. Univ., '96, Harvard; AM, '97, Harvard; Ph.D., '98, Columbia. 1004, Professor of Educational Psychology, Teachers College ..."