Definition of El Paso
1. Noun. A city in western Texas on the Mexican border; located on the northern bank of the Rio Grande across from the Mexican city of Juarez.
Definition of El Paso
1. Proper noun. A city in Texas. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of El Paso
Literary usage of El Paso
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Federal Immigration Law Enforcement in the Southwest: Civil Rights Impacts by John F. Dulles (1997)
"Impacts of Federal Immigration Law Enforcement on Border Communities El Paso rl ihe two cities of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez _L represent the largest ..."
2. Personal Narrative of Explorations and Incidents in Texas, New Mexico by John Russell Bartlett (1854)
"SIXTH DIVISION El Paso TO THE GULF OF MEXICO. CHAPTER XXXVII. INCIDENTS AT EL PASO DEL NORTE, Preparations for completing the Survey of the southern ..."
3. American Anthropologist by American Anthropological Association (1902)
"THE PUEBLO SETTLEMENTS NEAR El Paso, TEXAS BY J. WALTER FEWKES On a map of the ... The Mansos lived in El Paso, the Suma in San Lorenzo, the Tiwa in Ysleta, ..."
4. The Encyclopædia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"El Paso, a city, port of entry, and the county-seat of El Paso county, Texas, USA, ... El Paso is an important railway centre and is served by the following ..."
5. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1916)
"Lead Smelting at El Paso BY HF EASTER,* BA, El Paso, TEX. (San Francisco Meeting, September, 1915) THE lead department of the El Paso Smelting Works at El ..."
6. Sunset by Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept (1914)
"El Paso, TEXAS, today is doing the biggest business in her history. The people are more prosperous, more new people are coming in, more houses are being ..."
7. The Spanish Archives of New Mexico: Comp. and Chronologically Arranged with by Ralph Emerson Twitchell (1914)
"LS If 2061 El Paso DEL NORTE, Pueblo and Jurisdiction. . El Paso, June 30, 1807. School census. Names of schoolmasters in each partido of El Paso del Norte ..."