2. Noun. That which expresses (a particular material) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Expresser
1. [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Expresser
Literary usage of Expresser
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Mechanics' Magazine, Museum, Register, Journal, and Gazette (1836)
"the screw of the expresser, also a leather collar or washer fixed by the same screw- joint, to preserve the connector from injury, and likewise to assist in ..."
2. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1917)
"Delivery Waggon 15-16 hands 1100-1400 Ibs. Artillery 15.1-16 hands 1050-1200 Ibs. The Expresser is an upstanding horse of sufficient substance and possesses ..."
3. The Sánkhya Aphorisms of Kapila: With Illustrative Extracts from the by Kapila (1885)
"Therefore, the hypothesis of an ' expresser' is useless. ... eternal word,' which the translator renders by ' expresser,' and also by ' expression," see ..."
4. Pumps: Historically, Theoretically, and Practically Considered by Philip R. Björling (1895)
"A is the upper valve; B the lower valve; F the fulcrum for the pump handle; 4 is the connector blocked; 5 the connector and expresser. ..."