Definition of Gentiana procera
1. Noun. Small blue-flowered fringed gentian of east central North America.
Group relationships: Gentianopsis, Genus Gentianopsis
Generic synonyms: Fringed Gentian
Gentiana Procera Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gentiana Procera Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gentiana Procera
Literary usage of Gentiana procera
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"Gentiana procera Holm, Ottawa Nat. 15: n. 1901. Annual ; similar to the preceding species but smaller; stem simple, or little branched, 3'-i8' the upper ..."
2. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"... gentian Herbaceous annual Moist shores. Believed to be extirpated, represented by a single collection from Erie Co. in 1900. Gentiana procera Holm FB ..."
3. The American Botanist edited by Willard Nelson Clute (1921)
"No doubt this is due to the influence of Bryant's poem on the subject, but it may be well to note that there is another species, Gentiana procera, ..."
4. The Ottawa Naturalist by Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club (1900)
"Habitat given as : Prairies, gravelly soil and margins of marshes. Flowers from July to September. Gentiana procera, Holm. (Plate XII, Figs. 3, 4 and 5. ..."
5. Historic Mackinac: The Historical, Picturesque and Legendary Features of the by Edwin Orin Wood (1918)
"Trientalis americana (Pers.) Pursh. Star Flower. Frequent in rich shaded ground. GENTIANACEAE GENTIAN FAMILY Gentiana procera Holm. Smaller Fringed Gentian. ..."
6. Wild Flowers of New York by Homer Doliver House (1918)
"The Smaller Fringed Gentian (Gentiana procera Holm) has linear leaves and the corolla segments fringed mainly on the sides with shorter hairs. ..."
7. Publication by Michigan, Michigan Geological Survey, Geological and Biological Survey (1921)
"Fringed gentian. On Mackinac Island as reported by Whitney. Not noticed in 1912. Gentiana procera Holm. Smaller fringed gentian. ..."
8. Progressus rei Botanicae: Fortschritte der Botanik. Progrès de La botanique by Johannes Paulus Lotsy (1917)
"... of chromosomes in the somatic cells ot Gentiana procera. Science, NS, vol. 37, p. 383—384. Digby, L. 1912, The cytology of ..."