Definition of Ghanian
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Ghana.
2. Adjective. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ghana or its people or language. "Ghanaian cocoa production"
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ghanian
Literary usage of Ghanian
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1871)
"The first named species is characteristically northern, and little known in the southern part of the above defined Alle- ghanian fauna. ..."
2. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sanads Relating to India and ...by India Foreign and Political Dept by India Foreign and Political Dept (1892)
"Outrage committed by the — on the British village of Ghanian Proposed restoration of ... Outrage committed by the — on the British village of Ghanian . ..."
3. New England Bird Life: Being a Manual of New England Ornithology by Winfrid Alden Stearns, Elliott Coues (1881)
"But, characteristic as the species is of the first-named Fauna, it is nevertheless known to nest in the Alle- ghanian. It was long ago noted bv Prof. ..."
4. International Business Practices (1993)
"The SGS is a Swiss firm which has been contracted by the Ghanian ... FOREIGN INVESTMENT The Ghanian government has initiated a privatization program through ..."
5. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1910)
"... Alle- ghanian and Carolinian, illustrated by a map shaded to indicate relative elevation, with cross-hatching in red and blue to demark the life zones; ..."