2. Noun. (alternative capitalization of Hausfrau) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hausfrau
1. a housewife [n -FRAUS or -FRAUEN] - See also: housewife
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hausfrau Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hausfrau
Literary usage of Hausfrau
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Good housekeeping hostess: entertainments for all seasons and occasions (1904)
"... of spontaneous merriment, and if even that joy has its note of sadness, so much the better. A Hausfrau LUNCHEON By Mary ... It was called a hausfrau ..."
2. Fennia by Suomen maantieteellinen seura (1890)
"er in den Hof des Hauses und ruft der Hausfrau, welche in der Stube buttert, ... Die Hausfrau lässt ihre Arbeit unvollendet im Stich und eilt mit einer ..."
3. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1870)
"Every morning, whether we liked it or not, our Hausfrau had the floors of our ... We were strange folk, unused to German Hausfrau ways, but that was not any ..."