Definition of Hydrangea paniculata
1. Noun. Deciduous shrub or small tree with pyramidal flower clusters.
Group relationships: Genus Hydrangea
Generic synonyms: Hydrangea
Hydrangea Paniculata Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hydrangea Paniculata Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hydrangea Paniculata
Literary usage of Hydrangea paniculata
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Woman's Book: Dealing Practically with the Modern Conditions of Home (1894)
"(Japanese Snow- by themselves twelve shrubs that are, Ball.) \ Hydrangea paniculata Grandiflora. as I think, the most useful to the lawn- planter ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"Hydrangea paniculata var. Hydrangea paniculata. grandiflora. ... Hydrangea paniculata var. grandiflora. A few species commonly classed as woody are more ..."
3. Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society.: Horticultural Hall by Massachusetts Horticultural Society, W.D. Ticknor & Co, James Englebert Teschemacher (1879)
"He considered the Hydrangea paniculata in some respects preferable to the variety ... It is not so common as the Hydrangea paniculata grandiflora, ..."
4. Trees in Winter: Their Study, Planting, Care and Identification by Albert Francis Blakeslee, Chester Deacon Jarvis (1913)
"Anthony Waterer Spiraea 5 Hydrangea paniculata. Fall-flowering Hydrangea Lespedeza bicolor. Bush Clover. 7 forsythia suspensa var. fortunei. ..."