Definition of James Abbott McNeill Whistler
1. Noun. United States painter (1834-1903).
James Abbott McNeill Whistler Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: James Abbott McNeill Whistler Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of James Abbott McNeill Whistler
Literary usage of James Abbott McNeill Whistler
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Painting and Its Tradition: As Represented by Inness, Wyant, Martin by John Charles Van Dyke (1919)
"... vn JAMES ABBOTT McNEILL WHISTLER AFTER considering La Farge, it is difficult to think of Whistler other than in terms of contrast. ..."
2. Monthly Bulletin of Books Added to the Public Library of the City of Boston by Boston Public Library (1904)
"LIST OF WORKS RELATING TO THE LATE JAMES ABBOTT McNEILL WHISTLER. ... Guide to the study of James Abbott McNeill Whistler. Albany, 1895. 14 pp. ..."
3. Bibliography Bulletin by New York State Library (1899)
"University of the State of New York State Library Bulleti BIBLIOGRAPHY No. May GUIDE TO THE STUDY JAMES ABBOTT McNEILL WHISTLER ..."
4. Library Work by Anna Lorraine Gutherie (1906)
"1903. $2. Forsyth, WG and Harrison. J. LeR. Guide to the study of James Abbott McNeill Whistler. Albany, 1895. ..."
5. Bulletin of the New York Public Library, Astor, Lenox and Tilden Foundations by New York Public Library (1915)
"Guide to the study of James Abbott McNeill Whistler. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1895. 14 p. 8°. (New York State. State Library. Bull. ..."
6. The Life of James McNeill Whistler by Elizabeth Robins Pennell, Joseph Pennell (1908)
"THE YEARS EIGHTEEN THIRTY-FOUR TO EIGHTEEN FORTY-THREE JAMES ABBOTT McNEILL WHISTLER was born on July,, at Lowell, Massachusetts, in the United States of ..."
7. Masters in Art: A Series of Illustrated Monographs (1907)
"Edinburgh, 1902 — FORSYTH, WG, AND HARRISON, J. Lt:R. Guide to the Study of James Abbott McNeill Whistler (NY State Library Bulletin. Bibliography No. i). ..."