Definition of Jimmy Hoffa
1. Noun. United States labor leader who was president of the Teamsters Union; he was jailed for trying to bribe a judge and later disappeared and is assumed to have been murdered (1913-1975).
Jimmy Hoffa Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jimmy Hoffa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jimmy Hoffa
Literary usage of Jimmy Hoffa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Final Report of the Kennedy Assassination Records Review Boardby John R. Tunheim by John R. Tunheim (1999)
"... Mob Lawyer, Ragano claimed that Jimmy Hoffa used him as a messenger to ask Trafficante and Carlos Marcello to arrange for the murder of President ..."
2. Freedom of Information Act Guide and Privacy Act Overview, (1996) by DIANE Publishing Company (1997)
"1993) (affirming district court's conclusion that FBI's investigation into 1975 disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa remains ongoing and therefore is still a ..."
3. Financial Investigations: A Financial Approach to Detecting and Resolving Crimesby Don Vogel by Don Vogel (1999)
"Jimmy Hoffa was convicted of bribing a juror who served at one of his trials. • Embezzlement. Embezzlement occurs when a person who has been entrusted with ..."
4. Shock Therapy for a Brain Dead World by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1994)
"... Mickey Cohen for doing these things, then he got big money from Jimmy Hoffa for supposedly doing--but he never did deliver because he never had them. ..."
5. Adventure Guide Maui by Sharon Hamblin (2005)
"Pizzas come in medium, large and Big Kahuna sizes, with names such as Jimmy Hoffa (mozzarella buried under tons of pepperoni), the God Father (roasted ..."
6. Hollywood & the Best of Los Angeles Alive! by Robert White, Phyllis White (2002)
"... Ricochet and The Jimmy Hoffa Story, to name a few. Although it was built in 1939, visitors are still awestruck by the interior of Union Station, ..."
7. Walk the Crooked Road with the Crooks by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1994)
"... Sub-station and behind a rundown truck-stop off of highway off-ramp number twelve, in New Jersey, RIP, “Jimmy G.” and “Sal R.” Jimmy Hoffa: Mr. Hoffa's ..."
8. First Steps by Gyeorgos C. Hatonn (1995)
"“Sandra” from Niles, Michigan asks: “Do you know anything about the disappearance of ‘Jimmy Hoffa'?” That information is included in Book ..."