Definition of Kahoolawe Island
1. Noun. An island of south-central Hawaii.
Group relationships: Hawaiian Islands, Sandwich Islands
Generic synonyms: Island
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kahoolawe Island
Literary usage of Kahoolawe Island
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1916)
"... Islands of Molokai, Lanai, Maui and Kahoolawe; Island of Hawaii; Kilauea, the World's Greatest Active Volcano; Condensed History of Kilauea's Activity; ..."
2. Report by United States Board on Geographic Names, United States Geographic Board (1916)
"... Stream, rising on western slope of west Maul, flowing westward into sea, Lahaina District, Maul. Kahoolawe; Island. ..."
3. The Hawaiian Islands and the Islands, Rocks, and Shoals to the Westward by United States Hydrographic Office (1899)
"This island is visited only by fishermen, who dry their nets on its barren .surface. Kahoolawe Island. ..."
4. Professional Paper by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1915)
"50 Kaala Range, Oahu, rocks of 19 Kahoolawe Island, lack of informat ion concerning 59 Kauai Island, ..."
5. Report of the Surveyor to the Governor of the Territory of Hawaii for the by Hawaii (1901)
"... la and also that of Kahoolawe Island. The actual measurement of the four-mile base was begun on the 18th of August, ISTI. It was located on the Maui ..."