Definition of Katsuwonus pelamis
1. Noun. Fish whose flesh is dried and flaked for Japanese cookery; may be same species as skipjack tuna.
Generic synonyms: Scombroid, Scombroid Fish
Group relationships: Genus Katsuwonus, Katsuwonus
Katsuwonus Pelamis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Katsuwonus Pelamis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Katsuwonus Pelamis
Literary usage of Katsuwonus pelamis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States: Annotated for Statistical ...edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun (2006)
"Tunas (of genus Thunnus), skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito (Euthynnus (Katsuwonus) pelamis), excluding livers and roes: Unit of Quantity General ..."
2. Liberalising Fisheries Markets: Scope and Effects by OECD Staff, Committee for Fisheries (2003)
"The most important to international trade are skipjack (Euthynnus pelamis/Katsuwonus pelamis), yellowfin (Thunnus albacares/ ..."
3. Fish Fermentation Technology by Cherl-Ho Lee, Keith H. Steinkraus, P.J. Alan Reilly (1993)
"... is made from viscera and roes of skipjack tuna (Katsuwonus pelamis), which are typical fish products in the Molucca islands, especially Ternate. ..."
4. La Niña and Its Impacts: Facts and Speculation by Michael H. Glantz (2002)
"For example, skipjack tuna (Katsuwonus pelamis) are tied to the highly oxygenated upper layers due to their extreme metabolic rates associated with ..."