Definition of Laughton
1. Noun. United States film actor (born in England) (1899-1962).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Laughton Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Laughton
Literary usage of Laughton
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the Study of Mathematics at Cambridge by Walter William Rouse Ball (1889)
"In 1710 Laughton was proctor, and claimed the right to preside in person at ... Laughton presided in person, and in summing up the discussions exposed the ..."
2. Lincolnshire Pedigrees by A R (Arthur Roland) Maddison, Arthur Staunton Larken (1903)
"Deborah, bapt. at Laughton 4 July 1678. Mar- Hampton, co. ... 1, Thomas Marwood, bapt. at Laughton 17 Nov. 1683; ex'trix to his sister Barbara Marwood 1752. ..."
3. Records and Files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts by Massachusetts County Court (Essex County), George Francis Dow (1921)
"years past bereft of her understanding and infirm of body, had been maintained by her son, the petitioner, and court ordered Mr. Thomas Laughton, sr., ..."
4. Abstracts of Gloucestershire Inquisitiones Post Mortem Returned Into the by Great Britain Court of Chancery, George S. Fry, William Phillimore Watts Phillimore (1893)
"The said James Laughton died at Over Slaughter, in the said county, the 24th April last; William Laughton is his son and next heir, and was ihen aged 40 ..."
5. Historical Collections of the Essex Institute by Essex Institute (1864)
"The Genealoge of Thomas Laughton Junior and of Sarah his win". ... Sarah the wiff of Thomas Laughton Junior departed this Liff the 26 of ..."