Definition of Los Alamos
1. Noun. A town in north central New Mexico; in 1942 it was chosen as a nuclear research site where the first atomic bombs were produced.
Los Alamos Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Los Alamos Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Los Alamos
Literary usage of Los Alamos
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge (1903)
"For them the forest existed only to feed sheep, and Los Alamos sheep at that. There are shepherds in the Sierras who from long association grow into a ..."
2. Making Things Better: Competing in Manufacturing (1993)
"'Los Alamos National Laboratory had recommended establishing these centers, ... Its first and crucial customer was Los Alamos, which needed massive ..."
3. Energy Education Resources: Kindergarten Through 12th Grade (1998) edited by Paula Altman (1999)
"142 US Department of Energy Los Alamos National Laboratory Science Education Program Office MS F671 Los Alamos, NM 87545 (505) 667-8680 Fax: (505) 665-6871 ..."
4. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"1794 Weapons Neutron Research Facility (WNR) Department of Energy Group P-17, Mail Stop H803, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87545 Contact: ..."