Definition of Lynx rufus
1. Noun. Small lynx of North America.
Lynx Rufus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lynx Rufus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lynx Rufus
Literary usage of Lynx rufus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. List of North American Land Mammals in the United States National Museum, 1911 by Gerrit Smith Miller (1912)
"Lynx rufus californicus MEARNS, Preliminary diagnoses of new mammals of the genera ... Lynx rufus peninsularis THOMAS, Ann. and Mag. Ni Hist., ser. 7, vol. ..."
2. Fire Effects Information System: User's Guide by William C. Fischer, Melanie Miller, Cameron M. Johnston, Jane K. Smith (1998)
"Bobcats have been classified as both Lynx rufus (Schreber) [17,53,54,55] and ... This write-up follows Hall , using Lynx rufus as the scientific name ..."
3. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences by California Academy of Sciences (1919)
"Lynx ruffus californicus M earns "Lynx rufus" (part), Cooper, Pac. ... Mus., original label missing; obverse of old label attached "1167 Lynx rufus? ..."
4. Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio by Geological Survey of Ohio (1882)
"The synonomy of Lynx rufus covers the three sub-species into which Dr. Coues thinks this species is separable—Lynx rufus, var. rufus, the common bay lynx, ..."