Definition of Lynx canadensis
1. Noun. Of northern North America.
Lynx Canadensis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lynx Canadensis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lynx Canadensis
Literary usage of Lynx canadensis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. List of North American Land Mammals in the United States National Museum, 1911 by Gerrit Smith Miller (1912)
"Lynx canadensis KERR, Anim. Kingd., vol. 1, systematic catalogue inserted between pages 32 and 33 (description, p. ..."
2. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1895)
"(1851), for which I here propose the name Lynx texensis. Felis (Lynx) canadensis ... 2<>8 = Lynx canadensis Raf. (1817). Hence, Lynx canadensis Kerr. ..."
3. American Marten, Fisher, Lynx, and Wolverine: Survey Methods for Their Detection by William J. Zielinski, Thomas E. Kucera (1998)
"The ecology of the lynx (Lynx canadensis) on Cape Breton Island. ... Record of Lynx canadensis canadensis in Nevada. Journal of Mammalogy. 28: 292-293. ..."
4. The Mammals of Pennsylvania and New Jersey: A Biographic, Historic and by Samuel Nicholson Rhoads (1903)
"Lynx canadensis Ken, Animal Kingdom, same reference as above for genus. Type locality.—Eastern Canada. Fauna! distribution.— Canadian, Hudsonian and Arctic ..."
5. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1901)
"... iu the Academy's collection give the following averages: Lynx canadensis ... from the true Lynx canadensis, and may be described as follows: Type No. ..."
6. Labrador, the Country and the People by Wilfred Thomason Grenfell (1909)
"A fine pair, j and 9, skulls in Bangs's collection, obtained 51. Lynx canadensis CANADENSIS Kerr. Canada lynx. Lynx canadensis Kerr. Anim. King., p. 157. ..."