Definition of Maldivan
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Maldives.
Group relationships: Maldives, Republic Of Maldives
Generic synonyms: Asian, Asiatic
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maldivan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maldivan
Literary usage of Maldivan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Fauna and Geography of the Maldive and Laccadive Archipelagoes: Being by John Stanley Gardiner (1903)
"I therefore There are 13 of these in the Maldives, and many consist propose to borrow further the Maldivan terms, faro and velu, ..."
2. Bulletin by United States National Museum, Smithsonian Institution (1919)
"I therefore propose to borrow further the Maldivan terms, faro and velu, the former signifying ... I, further, following the Maldivan use of the term velu, ..."
3. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1902)
""l meantime had contracted the Maldivan fever, and on March 1 returned to Ceylon in a British India Company's steamer which chanced to call at Male, ..."
4. Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society by Cambridge Philosophical Society (1902)
"Asiatic Soc. points to the great resemblance between Maldivan of the present day and Elu, the pure ancient Singhalese of 2000 years ago, which was later ..."
5. Report of the Annual Meeting (1900)
"The collections of land-fauna we believe to be equally complete from these islands. Collections of the plants of live separate Maldivan islands are now in ..."