Definition of Malmo
1. Noun. A port in southern Sweden.
Group relationships: Kingdom Of Sweden, Sverige, Sweden
Definition of Malmo
1. Proper noun. (misspelling of Malmö) ¹
2. Proper noun. The third largest city in Sweden, located on the southwest coast of Sweden. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Malmo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Malmo
Literary usage of Malmo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Museums Journal by Museums Association (1908)
"Malmo Museum. \j\ OST people who arrive in Malmo are generally bent on immediately pursuing their way either across the Sound to Copenhagen or northwards to ..."
2. Northern Germany: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1886)
"At Roeskilde (p. 202) the S. and W. Zealand lines unite. Thence to Copenhagen, see p. 202. e. From Stralsund to Copenhagen by Malmo. ..."
3. The Historians' History of the World: A Comprehensive Narrative of the Rise by Henry Smith Williams (1909)
"Thr, Truce of Malmo Political and diplomatic influences paralysed the military measures. Negotiations concerning a settlement of the dispute were first ..."
4. Norway, Sweden and Denmark: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm). (1892)
"IFROM Malmo TO STOCKHOLM, 618 Kil. (383 M.); express in ISVs-U'/z, quick train in 16-17 hrs. (fares 62 kr. 65. 37 kr. 1U, 23 kr. 40 o. ..."
5. Norway and Sweden: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm), Karl Baedeker (1882)
"From Stockholm to Malmo by Nassjo. 618 Kil. (383 Engl. II.). RAILWAY in 18>/2-38 hrs. (fares 43 kr. 30, 32 kr. 45, 21 kr. 65 6'.; express 52 kr. ..."
6. The Annual Register, Or, A View of the History and Politics of the Year (1849)
"... of Hostilities by Armistice concluded at Malmo—Provisions of the Armistice—Speech of the King of Denmark at the opening of the Diet. NETHERLANDS. ..."