Definition of Malnourish
1. Verb. Provide with insufficient quality or quantity of nourishment. "The stunted growth of these children shows that they are undernourished"
Generic synonyms: Feed, Give
Derivative terms: Malnourishment, Undernourishment
Lexicographical Neighbors of Malnourish
Literary usage of Malnourish
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The U. N. Role in the Persian Gulf and Iraqi Compliance with U. N. Resolutions by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Nearly 29 percent of the children assessed in the study were malnourished and some 900000 Iraqi children suffer from malnourish- ment today. ..."
2. Health Education and the Nutrition Class: A Report of the Bureau of by Bank Street College of Education, Buford Jennette Johnson, Jean Lee Hunt, Edith Helen Maas Lincoln (1921)
"Previous duration of the condition of malnourish- ment may be to some extent an index of the response to be expected. Where the physical examination reveals ..."
3. A Treatise on the Breast, and Its Surgical Diseases by Homer Irvin Ostrom (1885)
"... and the condition of the blood, which was not prepared to dispense with the functional activity of the ovaries and tubes, such as to malnourish already ..."
4. Human Rights Watch World Report, 2003: Events of 2002 (November 2001 by Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch Staff (2003)
"... workers had been freed, many of them showing signs of malnourish- ment and suffering from potentially deadly diseases such as malaria and hepatitis. ..."