Definition of Malope trifida
1. Noun. Western Mediterranean annual having deep purple-red flowers subtended by 3 large cordate bracts.
Malope Trifida Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Malope Trifida Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Malope Trifida
Literary usage of Malope trifida
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Principles of Harmony and Contrast of Colours, and Their Applications to by Michel Eugène Chevreul, Charles Martel (1855)
"(758.) Arrangement of Flowers for the Month of July. A.) (a) 1. Malope trifida, pink. 2. Malope trifida, white. 1. Malope trifida, pink, &c. ..."
2. The American Gardener's Assistant: In Three Parts Containing Complete by Thomas Bridgeman (1869)
"... 2 to 3 * Malope. tall scarlet, etc., Malope grandiflora, etc., 3 to 4 * Malope, dwarf crimson, rose, Malope trifida, malacoides, 1 to 2 Marigold, ..."
3. The American Flower Garden Directory: Containing Practical Directions for by Robert Buist (1839)
"Malope-trifida, scarlet Malope. Mirabilis jalapa, marvel of Peru, many varieties. If the roots of this plant are lifted in October, and placed in a dry ..."
4. Text-book of Botany, Morphological and Physiological by Julius Sachs (1882)
"... Anemone nemorosa, and Malope trifida, all of which perform movements at any time of the day in consequence of variations of temperature, ..."