Definition of Mexicali
1. Noun. A city in northwestern Mexico near the California border.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mexicali
Literary usage of Mexicali
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Revolutions in Mexico: Hearing Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on by United States, Senate, Congress, Committee on Foreign Relations (1913)
"That was the army that was going to retake Mexicali. There is a great big prominent mountain in there which rises ¡ike a dome out of the flat desert. ..."
2. Environmental Performance Reviews by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. Committee on Environmental Policy (2001)
"Air pollution in the twin cities Along the northern border air pollution is severe in Ciudad Juarez, Mexicali and Tijuana, (Table 2.3). ..."
3. Source Book for the Economic Geography of North America by Charles Carlyle Colby (1921)
"In the immediate vicinity of Mexicali, stock-raising depends upon tame pastures and forage crops, chiefly alfalfa and barley. ..."
4. The Near Side of the Mexican Question by Jay Samuel Stowell (1921)
"Ensenada, Tia Juana, and Mexicali further east, just across from ... The interest of Americans is chiefly in the two border points, Tia Juana and Mexicali. ..."
5. The Imperial Valley and the Salton Sink by Harry Thomas Cory, William Phipps Blake (1915)
"The side cutting of the east bank of the wide, deep barranca for several days threatened Calexico, and carried away a considerable part of Mexicali, ..."
6. Annotated Forms of Federal Procedure by Frank Olds Loveland, George Washington Rightmire (1920)
"California, to the town of Mexicali in the Republic of Mexico, ... of engaging in chorus work in the Owl Cafe in Mexicali, Mexico. ..."