Definition of Mongolian race
1. Noun. An Asian race.
Generic synonyms: Race
Member holonyms: Oriental, Oriental Person
Mongolian Race Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mongolian Race Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mongolian Race
Literary usage of Mongolian race
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1888)
"Dr. Brinton forgets, that, in condemning Cuvier for the confusion of the American with the Mongolian race, because he based his racial scheme principally on ..."
2. The Earth and Man, Lectures on Comparative Physical Geography in Its by Arnold Guyot (1890)
"... its nature; the Mongolian race belongs peculiarly to it; character of its civilization—Superiority of the Hindoo civilization; reasons why these nations ..."
3. Reports of the Immigration Commission by William Paul Dillingham (1911)
"... and thus a comprehensive class appearing to be derived from a distinct primitive source, as the Caucasian race, the Mongolian race, the Negro race." 2. ..."
4. Human Physiology by Robley Dunglison (1846)
"Mongolian race.—The Mongolian, Asiatic, Kalmuck, or Chinese race, the brown man of Gmelin, is recognised by prominent and wide cheek bones; flat, ..."
5. Researches Into the Physical History of Mankind by James Cowles Prichard (1844)
"Of the Mongolian race. In the first volume of this work I have described the most remarkable features of the Mongoles and of the ..."