Definition of Morgan City
1. Noun. A town in southeast Louisiana to the south of Baton Rouge.
Morgan City Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Morgan City Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Morgan City
Literary usage of Morgan City
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"It forms 10.6 miles of the waterway to Morgan City, La. That waterway also includes 19.4 miles of the Grand River, Bayou Natchez for six miles, ..."
2. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases Affecting by Frank Cyrus Smith, Thomas Johnson Michie, United States Courts, Great Britain Courts, Canada Courts (1903)
"That petitioners have long operated and owned at said Morgan City an important station, situated upon or near the shore of Berwick Bay, fully equipped with ..."
3. Bulletin by Louisiana Geological Survey (1907)
"Morgan City, Pilgrim Baptist Church. Morgan City, In northwest corner of the Morgan City Catholic Church yard, 88 feet north of northwest corner of church, ..."
4. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1900)
"The application was based upon allegations that plaintiff waa actually building a telephone line from New Orleans to Morgan City, for the service of the ..."
5. Modern American Marine Engines, Boilers and Screw Propellers: Their Design by Emory Edwards (1881)
"THE Steamships "Lone Star," "New York," "Algiers," and "Morgan City," belonging to the Morgan Line, and running from New York to New Orleans, ..."
6. Tullidge's Histories, (volume II) Containing the History of All the Northern by Edward William Tullidge (1889)
"Soon after the incorporation of Morgan City and the coming of the Union Pacific Railroad, Morgan County appropriated $1500 and the territory §1000 to build ..."