2. Noun. (informal) A child. ¹
3. Noun. (informal) A person of very short stature. ¹
4. Noun. One of the fictional inhabitants of Munchkin Country in the Oz books by L. Frank Baum, who are portrayed as a race of very short people in the 1939 film adaptation ''The Wizard of Oz''. ¹
5. Noun. (gaming) A player who concentrates solely on increasing his character's power and capabilities. ¹
6. Noun. A domestic cat breed. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Munchkin
1. a small friendly person [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Munchkin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Munchkin
Literary usage of Munchkin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Royal Book of Oz: In which the Scarecrow Goes to Search for His Family by Lyman Frank Baum (1921)
"A window in the farm house was thrown up and a sleepy Munchkin thrust out his head. " What are you doing? " he called crossly. ^"Thinking! ..."
2. Words, Words, Words: Teaching Vocabulary in Grades 4-12 by Janet Allen (1999)
"... stronger adolescent, convalescent wisest, hardest, strongest service, justice, novice napkin, manikin, munchkin fearless, careless, hopeless booklet, ..."
3. Eastern Standard Tribe by Cory Doctorow (2005)
"A munchkin voice chittered down the line. "Shut up, OK. Shut up. Shut. I'm in the hospital." More chipmunk. "Got hit by a car. I'll be OK. No. Shut up. ..."