Definition of Namibian
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Namibia.
2. Adjective. Of or relating to Namibia or its people.
Definition of Namibian
1. Adjective. Of, from, or pertaining to Namibia, the Namibian people or the Namibian language. ¹
2. Noun. A person from Namibia or of Namibian descent. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Namibian Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Namibian
Literary usage of Namibian
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reducing Capital Cost in Southern Africa by Martín Grandes, Nicolas Pinaud (2005)
"However, these objectives have only partially been achieved. Looking at the composition of the 35 per cent Namibian assets indicates that only around 10 per ..."
2. Landmine Monitor Report 2000: Toward a Mine-Free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (2000)
"Use by Namibian Forces Landmine Monitor is not aware of any allegations that Namibian forces have used mines inside Namibian territory. ..."
3. Still Killing: Landmines in Southern Africa by Alex Vines, Arms Project (Human Rights Watch) (1997)
"A Memorandum of Cooperation between the US government and the Namibian government ... These US experts spent eights weeks instructing a group of Namibian ..."
4. More Than a Name: State-Sponsored Homophobia and Its Consequences in by Scott Long, A. Widney Brown, Gail Cooper (2003)
"79 Gwen Lister of the Namibian also observes that the attacks on homosexuals are often "personally directed."80 Another activist says, "It is a small ..."
5. Landmine Monitor Report 2002: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Landmines, Human Rights Watch (Organization). (2002)
"23 "More Landmine Explosions," Press Release, National Society for Human Rights, 21 February 2001; "Two lose legs to landmines," The Namibian online, ..."
6. Divide and Rule: State-Sponsored Ethnic Violence in Kenya by Binaifer Nowrojee, Bronwen Manby, Human Rights Watch (Organization), Africa Watch Committee (1993)
"12 The Namibian people had demanded that the Government put on trial those who ... 13 On May 29, Namibian Attorney General Hartmut Ruppel said that he would ..."
7. Landmine Monitor Report 1999: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines (1999)
"The Namibian Blasting Agents used a bulldozer and roller method to clear many of ... The Namibian Police had the responsibility for destroying any ordnance ..."
8. Soviet Strategy in Southern Africa: Gorbachev's Pragmatic Approach by Peter Vanneman (1990)
"On November 1 the Namibian independence process did not begin as planned, and rumors in Namibia suggested that South Africa was not preparing to withdraw ..."