Definition of O'Keeffe
1. Noun. United States painter (1887-1986).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: O'Keeffe Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of O'Keeffe
Literary usage of O'Keeffe
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of the American-Irish Historical Society by American-Irish Historical Society (1922)
"JOHN G. O'KEEFFE In the death of Mr. John G. O'Keeffe, who died on August 17th, ... Mr. O'Keeffe was a gentleman of genial soul, filled with kindly humor, ..."
2. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1895)
"[Recollections of John O'Keeffe, London ; lady Morgan's Memoirs, p. 381 ; Gilbert's Dublin, 3 vois. ..."
3. Some Account of the English Stage: From the Restoration in 1660 to 1830 by John Genest (1832)
"REYNOLDS—KELLY—AND O'KEEFFE. Frederick Reynolds published his Life and Times in 2 vols. 8vo. 1826—he has inserted a good deal of trash in them, ..."
4. Illustrations, Historical and Genealogical, of King James's Irish Army List by John D'Alton (1861)
"It may be reasonably presumed that he was the above Captain Art. There are likewise on this Army List O'Keeffe, a Captain in Sir John Fitzgerald's Infantry, ..."
5. The Annual Literary Index by William Isaac Fletcher, Richard Rogers Bowker (1900)
"(HE O'Keeffe) Cath. World, 69: 646(Ag). Patriotic association of I'lni.i., 1778. Roll of members. Pennsyl. M. 23: 356(0). Patriotic impulse", The new. ..."