Definition of Parthenium hysterophorus
1. Noun. Tropical American annual weed with small radiate heads of white flowers; adventive in southern United States.
Group relationships: Genus Parthenium, Parthenium
Generic synonyms: Weed
Parthenium Hysterophorus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Parthenium Hysterophorus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Parthenium Hysterophorus
Literary usage of Parthenium hysterophorus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Curtis's Botanical Magazine, Or, Flower-garden Displayed by John Sims (1822)
"Parthenium hysterophorus. CUT-LEAVED PARTHENIUM. Class and Order. ... The PARTHENIUM Hysterophorus, though cultivated by PHILIP MILLER in 1728, ..."
2. New, Old, and Forgotten Remedies: Papers by Many Writers by Edward Pollock Anschutz (1917)
"... thrown aside and without her night cap, a thing which had never happened to her before. Sensual lascivious dreams. Parthenium hysterophorus NATURAL ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention, American Pharmaceutical Association Meeting (1890)
"Parthenium hysterophorus—Proximate Examination.—Hairy Vin Arny examined Parthenium Hysterophorus, which is found in waste places in the West Indies, ..."
4. Allelopathy: The Effects of Chemicals Produced by Plants by Henry Gilbert (1994)
"I54 Allelopathic effects of Parthenium hysterophorus on germination and seedling growth of a few multi-purpose trees and arable crops. ..."