Definition of Pinatubo
1. Noun. A volcano on Luzon to the northwest of Manila; erupted in 1991 after 600 years of dormancy.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pinatubo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pinatubo
Literary usage of Pinatubo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hazard-Wise: Classroom Resources for Teachers on Natural Hazards & Disasters by Chris Dolan (1996)
"Suggest some of the damaging effects which may result from these flows. b Explain the formation of the following during the major eruption of Mt Pinatubo: ..."
2. Volcanic Ash and Aviation Safety: Proceedings of the First International edited by T. J. Casadevall (1995)
"Pinatubo sulfur dioxide clouds oa June 13, 1991. An eruption at Q8:45 Manila time (00:45 UTC) has produced the yellow-red spot near the Philippines, ..."
3. This Dynamic Earth: The Story of Plate Tectonicsby W. Jackquelyne Klous, Robert I. Tilling by W. Jackquelyne Klous, Robert I. Tilling (1996)
"On June 15, Mount Pinatubo spewed ash 40 km into the air and produced huge ... Pinatubo, located 90 km from Manila, had been dormant for 600 years before ..."
4. Our Changing Planet: The Fiscal Year 1996 U. S. Global Change Research Program by Robert C. Correll (1998)
"Pinatubo ERUPTION Data on tropical ozone amounts taken before and after the Mt. Pinatubo eruption (June, 1991) show that there were significant decreases in ..."
5. The Effects of Disasters on Modern Societies: World Conference on Natural ... (1995)
"... Pinatubo), lahars (Nevado del Ruiz, Pinatubo), flujos de lava (Hawai, Etna), y lluvia de ceniza (Pinatubo, ..."