Definition of Poplar Bluff
1. Noun. A town in southeast Missouri.
Poplar Bluff Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Poplar Bluff Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Poplar Bluff
Literary usage of Poplar Bluff
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report of the Attorney-general of the United States by United States Dept. of Justice, United States Attorney-General (1892)
"Hotel at Poplar Bluff, vou. 5 1.50 Railroad fare, Poplar Bluff to Dexter .75 ... Railroad fare to Poplar Bluff from Dexter .75 Supper at Poplar Bluff .50 ..."
2. The American Bar by James Clark Fifield (1918)
"Attorneys for: Poplar Bluff Trust Co., Star Ranch & Land Co., City of Poplar Bluff, Morrison Sheet Metal & Plumbing Co., Wright-Dalton Bell Anchor Stove Co. ..."
3. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1914)
"The rates from tap line points, including the mill at Linstead, are in all cases 2c. higher than the ratee of the trunk lines from Poplar Bluff, ..."
4. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases Affecting by Frank Cyrus Smith, Thomas Johnson Michie, United States Courts, Great Britain Courts, Canada Courts (1904)
"... and for more than three years past have been, partners engaged in the general merchandise business in the city of Poplar Bluff, Butler county, Missouri, ..."
5. The State of Missouri: An Autobiography by Walter Williams (1904)
"Poplar Bluff, center of the county commercially and physically, is located upon the edge of the bluff which extends diagonally across Butler from northeast ..."
6. Annual Report of the State Horticultural Society of Missouri by Missouri State Horticultural Society (1891)
"On behalf of the citizens of the city of Poplar Bluff and Butler county, it is my privilege, as well as my pleasure, to extend to you, the officers and ..."