Definition of Psilotaceae
1. Noun. Small family of lower ferns having nearly naked stems and minute scalelike leaves.
Generic synonyms: Fern Family
Group relationships: Order Psilotales, Psilotales
Member holonyms: Genus Psilotum, Psilotum
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psilotaceae
Literary usage of Psilotaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Structure and Development of Mosses and Ferns (Archegoniatae). by Douglas Houghton Campbell (1905)
"The undoubted anatomical resemblances between the Psilotaceae and ... The anatomy of the smaller shoots of the Psilotaceae undoubtedly recall the ..."
2. The Origin of a Land Flora: A Theory Based Upon the Facts of Alternation by Frederick Orpen Bower (1908)
"If this similari'.y also be only one of analogy, it is at least a singularly close one. In the Psilotaceae only two lateral leaf-lobes are subsequently ..."
3. Organography of Plants, Especially of the Archegoniata and Spermaphyta by Karl Goebel, Isaac Bayley Balfour (1905)
"In the Psilotaceae there are two sporangia on the sporophylls, ... The side-wafc of these cells are thickened equally in Psilotaceae and Selaginella, ..."
4. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1918)
"LAWSON closes with the remark that no new facts were revealed which would discount the view, now generally held, that the Psilotaceae are more nearly ..."
5. The Anatomy of Woody Plants by Edward Charles Jeffrey (1917)
"Of the former there are two— the Lycopodiaceae and the Psilotaceae. ... while in the Psilotaceae the sporangial structures are septate, and organs of the ..."
6. Fossil Botany: Being an Introduction to Palaeophytology from the Standpoint by Hermann Solms-Laubach, Henry Edward Fowler Garnsey (1891)
"The statements respecting fossil remains of the family Psilotaceae are few and uncertain, nor is this surprising in such simple and slightly differentiated ..."
7. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"Am Law R 53:501- 76 Jl '19 Lawson, Anstruther Abercrombie Gametophyte generation of the psilotaceae. bibliog Roy Soc of Edinburgh Trans 52: 93-113 Je '17 ..."