Definition of Pueraria
1. Noun. Genus of woody Asiatic vines: kudzu.
Generic synonyms: Rosid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Papilionoideae, Subfamily Papilionoideae
Member holonyms: Kudzu, Kudzu Vine, Pueraria Lobata
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pueraria Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pueraria
Literary usage of Pueraria
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trees & Shrubs for English Gardens by Ernest Thomas Cook (1902)
"Pueraria THUNBERGIANA.—Khasia. An evergreen climber, with leaves 5 inches in diameter, bearing blue flowers. ... The leaves, or rather cladodes, Pueraria ..."
2. Trees & Shrubs for English Gardens by Ernest Thomas Cook (1908)
"Pueraria THUNBERGIANA.—Khasia. An evergreen climber, with leaves 5 inches in diameter, bearing blue flowers. Fibre is obtained from the stems and starch ..."
3. The Philippine Journal of Science by Philippines Bureau of Science (1908)
"... plant is apparently Glycine and not Pueraria, and seems to be allied to 0. javanica Linn. I have examined the type of Pueraria ..."
4. Cover Crops in West Africa: Contributing to Sustainable Agriculture by Daniel Buckles (1998)
"Après 20 ans de pâturage, Centrosema et Pueraria ont pratiquement été remplacés ... The most successful cover crops include Centrosema pubescens, Pueraria ..."