Definition of Punta Arenas
1. Noun. A city in southern Chile on the Strait of Magellan; the southernmost city in the world.
Punta Arenas Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Punta Arenas Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Punta Arenas
Literary usage of Punta Arenas
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South America: Observations and Impressions by James Bryce Bryce (1912)
"Presently the masts and funnels of vessels lying off shore at anchor rise out of the sea, and we heave to and disembark at the little town of Punta Arenas ..."
2. South America: Observations and Impressions by James Bryce Bryce (1912)
"Punta Arenas was for many years only a place of call for whalers, since hardly any trading vessels passed through the Straits before the days of steam, ..."
3. Incidents of Travel in Yucatan by John Lloyd Stephens (1843)
"Shooting Excursion to Punta Arenas.—Wild Road.—Take Possession of a Hut. — Great Variety and immense Numbers of Wild Fowl.—Get Stuck in the Mud. ..."
4. The Spanish-American Republics by Theodore Child (1891)
"It is curious to note that the shepherds who come to Punta Arenas to buy goods and provisions often pay in gold-dust, which they gather in the streams near ..."