2. Noun. (American English) The action of making criticisms after the event ¹
3. Verb. (present participle of quarterback) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Quarterbacking
1. quarterback [v] - See also: quarterback
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quarterbacking
Literary usage of Quarterbacking
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Military Ethics: Reflections on Principles-The Profession of Arms, Military edited by Malham M. Wakin (1994)
"This is Monday morning quarterbacking. But when we developed the atomic bomb, we developed the one thing that made it possible to attack the United States. ..."
2. Homosexuality: The Psychology of the Creative Process by Paul Rosenfels (1986)
"Overdone puns about erroneous zones, tabletop quarterbacking about games people play, and the ever- marketable fascination with sex have taken the place ..."
3. Jury And The Search For Truth: Hearing Before the Committee on the Judiciary edited by Orrin G. Hatch (1998)
"As long as the rule essentially applies to street encounters, which make up the bulk of search and seizure activity, the Monday morning quarterbacking that ..."
4. Russian Money Laundering: Congressional Hearing edited by James A. Leach (2001)
"... engage in complete Monday morning quarterbacking and say that the Bush Administration in its last year or the Clinton Administration right at the ..."
5. Marines & Helicopters, 1962-1973by William R. Fails by William R. Fails (1995)
"It masquerades under many guises: Monday morning quarterbacking, second guessing, and historical writing. When viewed through time, the past becomes ..."
6. Magnificent Fight: Marines in the Battle for Wake Island by Robert J. Cressman (1992)
"... is the subject of much historical "Monday morning quarterbacking." All these commentators have the benefit of something neither Pye, ..."
7. Buckling of Bars, Plates, and Shells by Robert M. Jones (2006)
"188] observes that "Failure analysis is as easy as Monday-morning quarterbacking; design is more akin to coaching. However, the design engineer must do ..."