Definition of Reticulitermes
1. Noun. Includes species highly destructive to structures and living trees.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Family Termitidae, Termitidae
Member holonyms: Reticulitermes Flanipes, Reticulitermes Lucifugus
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reticulitermes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reticulitermes
Literary usage of Reticulitermes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by United States National Museum, Smithsonian Institution (1919)
"Reticulitermes ... an altitude of 4000 feet, between the bark and wood and from the heartwood of the stump of a dead tree (Garrya wrightii). Reticulitermes ..."
2. Proceedings of the Session on Tropical Forestry for People of the Pacific edited by C. Eugene Conrad, Leonard A. Newell (1994)
"Preliminary investigations of the cuticular hydrocarbons of Reticulitermes and Coptotermes (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae) for ..."
3. Applied Entomology; an Introductory Text-book of Insects in Their Relations by Henry Torsey Fernald (1921)
"The most generally common species of Termite in the United States (Reticulitermes flavipes Kol.) except perhaps in the far South and on the Pacific Coast, ..."
4. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1921)
"(An. Natal Mus., iv. 235-95.) Thompson & Snyder.—The "Third form," the wingless reproductive type of termites: Reticulitermes and ..."
5. Entomology, with Special Reference to Its Ecological Aspects by Justus Watson Folsom (1922)
"... though our common Reticulitermes flavipes occasionally damages woodwork, books, plants, etc., in an extensive way, particularly in the Southern states. ..."
6. A Review of Dipterocarps: Taxonomy, Ecology, and Silviculture by Simmathiri Appanah, Jennifer M. Turnbull (1998)
"A test method with the subterranean termite Reticulitermes on tropical woods. Werkstoff 26: 342-343. Sen-Sarma, PK 1963. Studies on the natural resistance ..."