Definition of Saint Christopher-Nevis
1. Noun. A country on several of the Leeward Islands; located to the east southeast of Puerto Rico; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1983.
Group relationships: Oas, Organization Of American States
Generic synonyms: Country, Land, State
Group relationships: Caribbean, Leeward Islands
Terms within: Saint Christopher, Saint Kitts, St. Christopher, St. Kitts, Basseterre, Nevis, Sombrero
Saint Christopher-Nevis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Saint Christopher-Nevis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Saint Christopher-Nevis
Literary usage of Saint Christopher-Nevis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Statutes of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland [1807-1868/69] by Great Britain, George Kettilby Rickards (1836)
"HEREAS the Islands of Antigua, Saint Christopher, Nevis, and Montserrat in the West Indies, were in the Month of ..."
2. Journal of a Lady of Quality: Being the Narrative of a Journey from Scotland by Janet Schaw, Evangeline Walker Andrews (1921)
""Neither in Saint Christopher, Nevis, or Montserrat are there any harbours at all and the shipping of all sizes and denominations anchor in open roads and ..."
3. The Legal Observer, Or, Journal of Jurisprudence (1836)
"... and the other of which district? shall comprise the said islands of Antigua, Montserrat, Saint Christopher, Nevis, Dominica, and the Virgin Islands, ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"... Saint Eustatia, Tobago, Saint Christopher, Nevis and Montserrat. After the Peace of 1783 he returned to Paris and was appointed lieutenant- general. ..."